Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it cost?
Typically the charge is an hourly rate. While many projects involve on-going billing, upon request we are happy to limit the hours to fit within your budget (provided the limitation reasonably permits the completion of the project), and we will never exceed the hourly limit without prior client approval. Additionally, with each project MMA Legal Writer includes an itemized billing statement so that you have the ability to bill your client at the rate of your choosing.
- Will you consider a flat-fee project?
Of course! While family law and other civil matters are commonly billed by the hour to the client, we understand that many other types of cases, including criminal matters, are taken on a flat fee basis. We are happy to come up with a flat fee to fit within your budget. The charge, of course, depends on the nature of the project, so please contact us with specific details.
- Does MMA Legal Writer assist pro-se litigants?
No. MMA Legal Writer solely provides legal writing and researching services for attorneys and law firms. No information on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to be legal advice for any individual case or situation. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision; you should consult an attorney regarding your individual case.
- Do you handle “rush” or “emergency” projects?
Yes, on a case-by-case basis. There may be an additional fee.
- Okay, you sold me; how does it work?
First, MMA Legal Writer performs a conflict check to ensure there are no conflicts with other projects and clients. Once the conflict check is complete, MMA Legal Writer will have a more thorough conference with you regarding the scope of project, timelines, and desired outcomes. Then, when we are all on the same page, MMA Legal Writer gets to work! When your project is complete, we will provide you with a signature-ready document(s) in Microsoft Word format (unless requested otherwise), along with copies of any and all case law and statutory authority cited in your project, and a complimentary argument “cheat sheet.” Optional case highlighting for ease of reference is available upon request.
- Where are you located?
We are primarily in Palm Beach County, Florida. If you have an office in Palm Beach County, we are happy to come meet with you in person. However, due to the virtual nature of MMA Legal Writer, we are able to handle all Florida matters, state-wide.
- What are your specific services?Litigation Support, Research, and WritingMotions for Summary Judgment
- Motions to Dismiss
- Motions in Limine
- Motions for New Trial
- Response Motions and Memoranda
- Trial Memoranda of Law
- Post-Conviction Motions for Relief
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Parenting Plans
- Prenuptial Agreements/Postnuptial Agreements
- Final Judgments
- Mediation Summaries
- Deposition Summaries
- Discovery Dispute Motions
- Appellate Research and Writing Appellate Briefs (Initial Brief, Answer Brief, Reply Brief)
- Brief Editing
- Appellate Motions/Responses
- Miscellaneous Legal Research & WritingGeneral Legal Research
- Issue Specific Memoranda of Law
- Research for Legal Journal Articles
- Research for CLE Materials
- Ghost Writing for Legal blogs and website content
- Need a legal research or writing service not listed here? Just ask!